The Music Man - Starring Jessica and Santino Fontana

I hope you’re enjoying your summer!  I know I have been!  It’s been a wonderful time to visit family, catch up with friends, read just for fun, and, of course, relax!

Last night, I had a great opportunity to attend the musical, The Music Man, just one of the many events of a local music festival.  For this production, two famous Broadway actors and musicians performed the leading roles.  Santino Fontana is known for his role of Prince Hans in Frozen, Prince Charming in Cinderella, as well as television roles in My Craxy Ex-Girlfriend and Shades of Blue.  His wife, Jessica Fontana has also starred on Broadway in the title role of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella, as well as in Baby, It’s You, Pipe Dream, and Once Upon a Mattress.  For this production, Santino and Jessica performed the main roles of Harold Hill and Marian Paroo.  When I first heard about them coming to my area, I was so excited!  It was so great to hear them both perform together, with such beautiful voices!  They did a phenomenal job!



Although the event was not exactly how I imagined it would be, it was a lovely evening with only the main songs and dances performed, with wonderful, live narration and directed by Jack Cummings III (Transport Group Theatre Company).  This concert was originally produced by in New York City in 2014.  The narration interspersed important events of the story of The Music Man, along with historical information about Meredith Willson’s work.  I thoroughly enjoyed this production and the story of The Music Man.  I love watching and attending musicals, however, I have never had a chance to watch this particular one until last evening.  The story was engaging, the music enthralling, and the background intriguing.   I definitely suggest you check this musical out for yourself.

Here are some fun facts about The Music Man:


If you’re interested, you can check out this great musical at your local library or with these video links. 
Have you seen any good musicals lately?  What's your favorite one?

~Beth

Labels: , ,